One of the most important things about enjoying your medical aid is not having to worry about payment of your claims.
Here is the process that will ensure speedy payment of your claim.
- Make sure your claim reaches SAMWUMED not later than the last day of the fourth month after your visit to your doctor or healthcare provider
- The claim must have your full details:
- Surname and initials
- Or details of the patient, if it is a dependent
- Membership number
- The full details of the healthcare provider or doctor including:
Name and surname
- Services provided
- Date on which the services were provided
- Amount charged for the services
- The practice code number
Please refer to Clause 22 of the Scheme Rules for further details. Click here.