SAMWUMED has a programme to help you to stop smoking – if you want to stop but you’re struggling.
The programme called GoSmokeFree, includes several steps aimed at maximising success rate. The steps include the following:
- Pre-Quit Assessment
- Nicotine Dependency Test
- Carbon Monoxide Level Check
- Motivation to Quit
- Behaviour modification
- Medication Discussion
- Set Quit Date
- GoSmokeFree Diary
The member is also assigned a Nursing Sister who is trained as a GoSmokeFree advisor for one-on-one sessions.
The member stands to gain the following through the programme:
- Assessment on readiness and ability to stop smoking
- Help in predicting the severity of withdrawal symptoms
- Health risk assessment
- Information to help with the when and how to quit
- Prevention from backsliding into old habits
- Improving chances of a successful quit
- Motivational tool for the quit journey
SAMWUMED members qualify for up to one course per beneficiary per lifetime.