GET ONTO OUR CHRONIC MEDICINE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
Do you have a chronic illnesses?
A chronic illness is an illness that you have for life (prolonged) or a long time. Examples include, diabetes, cancer, asthma and arthritis. To effectively manage your illness you will need to be on medication for prolonged periods or for a life time, depending on the illness.
Then you need to be on the SAMWUMED Chronic Medicine Management (CMM) Programme. The aim of CMM is to help you get your chronic medicines easily and on an ongoing basis.
The starting point is to apply to be admitted onto the Programme. The application can be made by your treating doctor on your behalf.
How to Apply
Telephonically – Call CMM between 08:30am and 4pm on 0860 33 33 87 and select the chronic option.
Via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to have the following information when applying:
- Your membership number
- The date of birth of the person applying
- The ICD 10 code of your condition
- Doctor’s practice number
How your medicine is approved:
You will be given a list of pre-approved medicine, referred to as a basket. You will need to contact the Scheme if:
- You are joining the chronic program for the first time
- You are diagnosed with a new chronic condition
- Your medicine is not linked to one of your registered baskets
- You need a quantity or dosage of a medicine that is more than the quantity listed in the basket
What if my medicine changes?
If you need to change or add a new medicine for your condition, you can do so quickly and easily at your pharmacy with your new prescription.