SAMWUMED is committed to fairness, openness, and transparency. The Scheme also promotes the highest level of professional and ethical behaviour.
Members and Providers have multiple ways of tabling or voicing their complaints against the Scheme. They can:
- Visit the walk-in centre 08h00 to 17h00 Monday to Friday
- Call the call centre on 0860 104 117 / 021 697 9000
- Write to the scheme using the following email address: – email@example.com
SAMWUMED will acknowledge receiving your complaint in writing within 24 hours. The Scheme will resolve the complaint within 30 days of receiving it.
If you’re not satisfied with the Scheme’s response to your issue, you can ask the Principal Officer to refer the complaint to the Scheme’s Dispute Committee.
If you’re still not happy with the decision of the Dispute Committee, you may appeal the decision through the Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) by using the following channels:
- Fax – (086) 673 2466
- In writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visiting the CMS website medicalschemes.com
Another Complaints Process
As a member, you can also send your complaint directly to the Registrar of Medical Scheme. However, as the Scheme is committed to resolving all complaints sent, it encourages members to first resolve their complaints with the Scheme before escalating to the Registrar of Medical Scheme.