COVID-19 Vaccine Update
Phase Two of the national COVID vaccine roll-out has started focusing on the following two groups:
- health care workers and
- South Africans over 60 years old
If you are part of these groups, then additional communication will be sent to you to explain what to expect.
SAMWUMED takes the health and well-being of all our members very seriously and we understand the uncertainty, anxiety and disruption the vaccination process may be causing you. To that end, we are partnering with the National Department of Health (NDoH) to ensure that you and your dependants not only receive their vaccines, but also have a seamless experience throughout your vaccination journey.
What you need to know about Phase Two:
- The NDoH has approved vaccination sites that include those that we as SAMWUMED working with our partners (AfroCentric Group and Medscheme) have set-up to adhere to all the required safety regulations and managed by private health care workers.
- The NDoH will allocate individuals to a vaccination site closest to them.
- Because the vaccination roll-out and process is managed entirely by the NDoH, please take note that logistics could and probably will change. We continue to engage with the NDoH daily and will communicate to you timeously as and when processes change and new information becomes available.
- Rest assured that payment of the vaccination will be covered in full by the Scheme.
- Please assist those who are part of the two eligible groups to register their details on the NDoH Electronic Vaccine Data System (EVDS) using any one of the following tools. Remember to include your medical aid information:
- Website: Go to https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/#/
- SMS: Dial *134*832#
- WhatsApp: Send the word: REGISTER to 0600 123 456
We are ready to guide you and your dependents during this time and look forward to supporting you on this journey. In the meantime, please stay safe, maintain social distancing and sanitize – together we are stronger and can certainly be healthier.
Click here to download