As of 16 April 2021, South Africans who are 60 years and older are able to register electronically on the Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) to be scheduled for the COVID-19 vaccination.
The vaccines will be rolled out in two phases, the first on May 17 and second on October 17.
They can register using multiple devices, including mobile phones and desktop or laptop computers.
How to register
Visit the electronic vaccination data system (EVDS) website.
To self-register you will need a South African ID number or passport and access to internet.
Input the following details:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Cell phone number
- Place of work or residence
- Name of employer
Post the registration the Department of health will send you an SMS, date and location or place of where you should go for your vaccination.
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said: “All steps of the vaccination process will be available through walk-in services where people will be helped to register. Those unable to self-register can visit walk-in centres and vaccination sites.”
There will be a range of public and private sector vaccination sites which include:
- Health facilities such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and GP practices.
- Non-health sites such as schools, church halls, shopping centres and work-based occupational health sites.
COVID-19 VACCINATION SITES
Visit: http://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/ for more details.
Source: www.mybroadband.co.za & www.iol.co.za
- Livingston Hospital
- Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital
- Frere Hospital
- Netcare Greenacres Hospital
- Universitas (C) Hospital
- Pelonomi Hospital
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Fezi Ngumbentombi
- Bongani Hospital
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital
- Steve Biko Academic HospitaL
- Ahmed Kathrada Private Hospita
- Charlotte Maxeke Hospital
- Dr George Mukhari Hospital
- Netcare Milpark Hospital
- Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital
- Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital
- General Justice Gizenga Mpanza
- Edendale Hospital
- Madadeni Hospital
- Netcare St. Augustine’s Hospital
- Pietersburg Hospital
- Mankweng Hosptial
- Tshilidzini Hospital
- Donald Fraser Hospital
- Malamulele Hospital
- Mediclinic Polokwane
- Netcare Pholoso Hospital
- Rita’s Hospital
- Rob Ferreira Hospital
- Witbank Hospital
- Ermelo Hospital
- Life Cosmos Hospital
- Mediclinic Nelspruit
- Mapulaneng Hospital
- Klerksdorp-Tshepong Tertiary Hospital
- Job Shimankana Tabane Hospital
- Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe Hospital
- Mediclinic Upington
- Groote Schuur Hospital
- Tygerberg Hospital
- Khayelitsha District Hospital
- Gatesville Melomed
- George Hospital
- Karl Bremmer Hospital
- Paarl Hospital
- Worcester Hospital